The video below is a recording of a session I presented on the campus of Boise State University as a presenter at the 2010 Boise code camp. It covers the entire process for building a membership website, including how to make a plan that will maximize your conversion rate, even before you spend a minute setting it up.
One thing you’ll notice is that I don’t spend a lot of time talking about the actual coding, because there isn’t really very much at all. Using my approach (I show you in the video) nearly all the heavy lifting can be done using the “easy buttons” that are available with most modern hosting companies.
Here’s what I cover in this video:
- What alternatives there are to WordPress and why I still use WordPress
- Why Google loves WordPress blogs
- Email list segmentation and membership websites
- A little trick that will save you money finding premium solutions online (that’s all I can say in this teaser, but you’ll thank me once you see it)
- Prevent spam on your blog
- Protect your digital content
- When and how to upgrade your site (this is so easy it hurts)
- Best places to host your membership web site
- The top reasons to buy premium themes for WordPress
This is the full 1:15 video. After you press play you might have to wait a minute for it to start loading (be patient).